stephanieanngraves

Vellichor Afternoons

I like trip-hop, anachronism, cats, both coffee and tea, the sound of rain on a tin roof, antique keys, pop culture as a substitute for religion, theatre, photography, Oxford commas, and, of course, reading.

John Dies at the End
Amy Greene
Unfamiliar Fishes
Sarah Vowell
Academics Handbook 2nd Ed-P
Tap & Gown - Diana Peterfreund Oh, Amy Haskel.

I bought it last night after I got off work, and I basically devoured this in 24 hours, helped along by the fact that I got up at 4:30am today to take my roommate to the airport and couldn't go back to sleep.

You know... I love these damn books. I really do. Considering my weakness for a) series, b) things set in ivy league or private schools, and c) intertextual references, well, it's right up my alley.

And this, the conclusion... well, it satisfied. Things for Amy never do go smoothly, and this is certainly no exception as she tries to navigate the end of her undergrad career and the tap process while entangled in the kind of feisty romance that exactly fits her.

A perfect summer novel. And one I bet money I reread before summer is over and I head back to the drudgery of obscure 16th century texts.